Thursday, June 24, 2010

Heavy rain

Above is another view of the collapsed bridge near Bowman, Quebec on Highway 357 after yesterday's 5.0 earthquake.

A line of showers and thunderstorms moved across the western portion of the Island of Montreal between 2 and 3pm and dumped a quick 43mm of rain into my gauge here on Ile Perrot. I think for the most part the water drained well, but my back yard looks like a lake! Skies should clear this evening followed by a sunny and dry day Friday.

I was just checking out the intense heat and humidity south of Quebec from New Jersey into the southeast. Places such as Norfolk are close to 100F with heat indexes well above 100. One of the highest I found was at Accomac, Virginia on the Eastern Shore, where I was just a month ago. At 4pm the temperature was 100F with a heat index of 113F (45C) - ouch that's hot! Heat Advisories are in effect for a wide area.

No comments: