Saturday, April 04, 2009

An April Snowstorm?

I want to apologize for the lack of updates this week. It has been a challenging week that started with the tragic accident in Saskatchewan that I wrote about below and ended last night with the theft of my car here in Montreal. The car was so reliable and took me to many weather and news events throughout the last 8 years and I will miss it. Anyway the events have preoccupied me and left me not in the mood to blog.

I am back tonight on this dreary Saturday. We have already had more precipitation this month than we did all of March. Kemptville recorded over 40mm of rain from this most recent system with close to 50mm in other pats of Ontario. Montreal is still reporting rain and had recorded 14.8mm yesterday. In Quebec the most rain was reported at Charlevoix with 82mm and an 85km/h wind gust was observed at Quebec City. Some regions of Ontario including the Ottawa Valley are also reporting wet snow tonight, enough to cover roadways.

As this storm spins off to the east another area of low pressure is developing over the US Southwest. This storm will pass south of our area Monday and Tuesday. The potential exists for heavy wet snow and rain over the region. The forecast track is still uncertain and I post an update on this storm early Sunday.

Be good to one another see you tomorrow.

No comments: