Thursday, January 29, 2009

Storm Summary

Drifting snow along Lakeshore Drive in Lachine. It was nearly blown closed at times during the storm.

The swimming pool in Verdun where I swam as a child, looking very cold in the predawn hours. (Notice the burried cars under 25cm of snow)

I am tired. I spent most of the day hopping over waist high snowbanks in Montreal's east end as I did a job I had not done for 11 years, deliver newspaper bundles of the Mirror and ICI to stores. It was an opportunity to get out and about as I am still trying to find new employment. The crews did a great job plowing the roads, but in a city where narrow streets are the rule rather than the exception, there is only so many places you can pile snow.

Above: Very narrow streets greeted me in Montreal today.
Here is a roundup of the storm:

Montreal 24cm
Cornwall 23cm
Ottawa 18cm
Kemptville 15cm
Brockville 14cm
Toronto 13cm

No comments: