Sunday, January 18, 2009

Enough with January

Really? Feels closer to the North Pole than the Equator!
It was -27C when I took the photo in Ingleside, Ontario last week.


I am using litres and litres of washer fluid a day, my car is white instead of the normal cherry red and I am tired of January. I hate this month, I must tell you, and this year is no exception. I am in the process of changing jobs and moving all in a month that is not fit for any human being. My apologies to ice fishers and snowmobilers, trust me I envy you, maybe I should take up the sport and embrace the season. So far all that this has meant to me is traffic jam after traffic jam and the dirtiest car ever, and if you know me, you know how much pain that brings to me. Well enough of the static electrical shocks and such and back to weather.

I wish I had better news for this week. I was hoping for a major warm up by the middle of the week, but cold arctic air is very stubborn to move out. It looks like it will hang around with periods of snow today and again on Wednesday and Friday. The Friday system could be a major storm but we are a week out. Last night the clipper that is affecting eastern Ontario and Quebec today with gusty winds and 2-5cm of snow, dumped between 15-25cm on the western end of Lake Ontario including Toronto. The snow was amplified by the lake. Today snow and gusty winds will produce some difficult travel in the eastern part of the province. It has warmed slightly but the wind has increased producing some impressive wind chills. Be safe...

1 comment:

Andy Weiher said...

I've been using this windshield washer with rain-x in it from Cdn Tire - never get windshield whiteout conditions I used to get when driving in traffic with the windshield filling with saltspray and I would wait until the last possible moment before giving the windshield a quick shot just to try and conserve washer fluid. Now the windshield just seems to stay cleaner - I drive up and down the 15 or back and forth between Merrickville and Montreal and hardly ever touch the washer anymore.
Great blog.

Andy