Thursday, August 14, 2008

The best forecast in some time

While it is not an ideal forecast for outdoor activities, it is the best we have had in some time. The showers the last couple of days here in eastern Ontario have been hit and miss, and luckily more miss than anything here in Kemptville. It has been dry with some sun. I actually washed my car yesterday. For those who know me I am a neat freak, and I have been unable to wash my car since July 1, yep 6 weeks!

The upper level low has moved southeast off the mid-Atlantic coast, good for us. Some more unsettled weather will slip across our regions late today and again on the weekend, but the trend is for more sun than cloud and only a few scattered thunderstorms. It will be warming up as well, close top 80F (27C) by Monday...yeah!!!

Watching the tropical Atlantic, low pressure north of the Leeward Islands is showing signs of becoming a depression. A NOAA Recon aircraft will fly into the system today to check its intensity. We could be looking at Tropical Storm Fay by the weekend.

No comments: