Monday, November 12, 2007

SNOW hits east coast
I missed the forecast for our area...oops!

I must admit I am often surprised by how accurate I can be at times. It is actually scary. But boy did I miss the forecast for this past weekend and this week. I was expecting cool, breezy and even snowy weather in Ontario and Quebec. The coastal storm that struck the Maritimes and Gaspe just missed us. It meant sunny and very pleasant weather for Montreal and Ottawa. The snow, over 20cm in places, fell well east of our area. It included 21cm at Metro Halifax Airport. There were winds of 75-100km/h for the second weekend in a row. Power outages and dangerous roads were the rule. It looks like this weeks cold and white weather for Ontario will be delayed. But make no mistake it is on the way. I think next week we will see some action. Stay tuned.....

On the west coast, BC is being hammered today by a fierce storm with heavy rain on the coast, snow in the interior and 70-100km/h winds. Power is out to thousands of homes at this hour.

No comments: