Monday, February 13, 2006

Hanlin wins yesterday's Gatorade Duel

Big storm along the East Coast
Five days till Daytona 500.....

Sorry for the lack of entries over the past few weeks. It is that time of year where numerous distractions come my way. After Groundhog Day and between Christmas and Easter, we are in a nasty stretch that all too many Canadians no about. Even if we have had a relatively easy winter in parts, it is still winter. It has been dark, damp and dirty. The three D's as I like to call them. I can't keep my car clean for five minutes. And there are no long weekends to help us out.
Then along comes my other big interest, NASCAR to brighten the weekends up a little. I have been a fan for "pert near" 20 years. Love the sport and we are five days till Daytona.

I would be a miss if I did not mention the record storm along the east coast. It closed most airports between Philly and Maine yesterday and continues to smack the Maratimes this morning. For the most part 1-2 feet of snow fell with a whopping 26.2 inches in central Park, a new record. There have been worse storms, the Superstorm of March 1993 comes to mind, but the US media wants to play this one up, so we will say it was the deepest for now, but the 93 storm sliced into all forms of travel for days. Nevertheless it was a bad storm and I am jealous that all we received in southern Quebec and Ontario was gusty northeast winds and the northern cloud deck from the system.

The lake effect machine is on again. Snow Advisories are posted for Lewis and Jefferson Counties in New York, just south of Gannanoque. This same area received over 2 feet just last week.

No comments: