Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Day Snowstorm.....
Ok don't panic yet, but here is the latest scoop on the Holiday weather. Today, Thursday, is a great travel day, just a little light snow but nothing major. Tomorrow, Friday will be sloppy with some snow and sleet, but with the expected high of 0C to -2C, I think we will be fine in Ontario and Quebec.

The challenge comes later in the forecast period, late Sunday into Monday. Low pressure is forecast to develop along the east coast and move towards Cape Cod, The moisture on the back side of the system will approach Montreal late Sunday. I think it will have trouble moving into eastern Ontario. At any rate, a significant snow may fall into Boxing Day for southwest Quebec, Eastern Ontario, New York State and Vermont.. At this point here is the travel outlook....

Thursday...GOOD
Friday... SLOPPY but SAFE with Caution
Saturday....GOOD best day.
Sunday...GOOD early moving to POOR or worse late.....

I will update this early tomorrow morning.

Be safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

I discovered your site a few days ago and I love it! I'm a weather junkie too. I'm flying out of Doravl to Cuba on Saturday at 3 pm so I'm anxious about the weather. If we potentially expect significant snow on Saturday why would you consider it the best day for travel? Thanks.